Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

What counts as certified translation?

Any document carrying signature of the translator and his official stamp will be considered as a certified, eligible translation

Who is eligible for a family allowance?

Family is defined as ‘…persons linked to the researcher (i) by marriage, or (ii) a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country where this relationship was formalised; or (iii) as dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher.’

Is someone without a PhD is eligible to apply for a MULTIPLY fellowship?

Yes, if you have four year full-time equivalent research experience.

How is full-time equivalent research experience calculated?

The duration of your full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a you obtained the degree which would formally entitle you to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country of the prospective host) even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.

I am a non-EU/AC national. Am I eligible for an outgoing mobility fellowship?

Yes, if you can provide evidence of EU/AC long-term residency status.

What is EU/AC long-term residency status?

European long term residency status is defined as a period of full-time research activity of at least 5 consecutive years (without breaks in research) in one or more Member States or Associated Countries.