The University of Torino (UNITO) is one of the largest Italian Universities, with about 70.000 students, 1800 post-graduate and post-doctoral research fellows. The Physics Department includes about 80 staff working in different fields of physics, including nonlinear science.
Research Area 1 – Nonlinear waves
Contact person – Miguel Onorato, email@example.com
Research Area 2 – Turbulence
Contact person – Guido Boffetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
Publications of interest
- Onorato, M., Residori, S., Bortolozzo, U., Montina, A., & Arecchi, F. T. (2013). Rogue waves and their generating mechanisms in different physical contexts. Physics Reports, 528(2), 47-89.
- Onorato, M., Vozella, L., Proment, D., & Lvov, Y. V. (2015). Route to thermalization in the α-Fermi–Pasta–Ulam system. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(14), 4208-4213.
- O Kimmoun, H C Hsu, H Branger, M S Li, Y Y Chen, C Kharif, M Onorato, E J R Kelleher, B Kibler, N Akhmediev, A Chabchoub, Modulation Instability and Phase-Shifted Fermi-Pasta-Ulam Recurrence, Scientific Reports 6, 28516, 2016
- Trillo, S., Klein, M., Clauss, G.F. and Onorato, M., 2016. Observation of dispersive shock waves developing from initial depressions in shallow water. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena.
- Chabchoub, A., Kibler, B., Finot, C., Millot, G., Onorato, M., Dudley, J. M., & Babanin, A. V. (2015). The nonlinear Schrödinger equation and the propagation of weakly nonlinear waves in optical fibers and on the water surface. Annals of Physics, 361, 490-500.